Bank branch manager job description and profile
The bank branch manager must ensure the success of the branch operations. The bank branch manager job description includes the administration and everyday operations of the branch of a bank. He/she is the leader within the branch and oversees various activities, such as product sales, security, and customer servicing. In addition, the bank branch manager builds customer relationships and promoting sales and service of the branch. Any issue that arises within the branch and ensures the smooth functioning of the facility is the responsibility of the bank branch manager. Recruiting, training, and supervising the branch employees are overseen by the branch manager.
Bank branch manager duties and responsibilities
- Recruitment, training, and supervising the employees of the branch
- Performance appraisal and terminating the services of branch personnel
- In-charge of product sales
- Developing and implementing new methods for promotion of various products
- Encouraging creation of new clients for the branch
- Sanctioning of various loans and credit cards
- Training employees for providing superior customer services
Bank branch manager education, training, and qualifications
The bank branch manager must possess a bachelor’s degree in science or arts along with relevant work experience. Additional training that provides people skills and customer servicing capabilities are preferred by the employers. The bank branch manager job description must possess in-depth knowledge on finance and accounting procedures, rules, and regulations. Additional qualifications include negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, and strong communication capabilities to ensure smooth and profitable functioning of the branch.
Bank branch manager degrees, courses, and certification
The minimum degree required for the position of a bank branch manager is a bachelor’s degree in arts or science. Additionally, completing Master’s degree in Business Administration though not compulsory is preferable for succeeding as a bank branch manager. Continued education to be aware of all modifications to the rules and regulations is important to ensure that the bank branch is compliant to the legal requirements of the governing authorities.
Bank branch manager skills and specifications
- Financial and accounting skills
- Customer servicing capabilities
- Marketing skills
- Interpersonal abilities
- Capable to train other members of the branch personnel
- Aware about all the various products and services offered by the bank
- Reporting to the head office senior management on the performance of the branch
Bank branch manager salary
The lowest salary earned by a bank branch salary is $39,290 and the highest salary is $75,453 per year. The average annual salary is $60,256.
See Bank branch manager sample job description, free job description template, free Bank branch manager job descriptions, other samples or templates.