Bank director job description and profile
The primary bank director job description includes the full responsibility to ensure the smooth functioning of the daily banking operations. The director delegates the responsibilities to the various bank employees. Moreover, he/she is answerable to the clients and shareholders for ensuring sound investments and protecting the bank against any fraudulent activities. The bank director is involved in selecting the managers who shall be responsible for specific functions of the bank. Moreover, he/she is involved in developing the long-term objectives of the bank and developing strategies to achieve these objectives. In addition, the bank director must ensure that the bank operations are compliant with all the legal requirements of the governing authorities.
Bank director duties and responsibilities
- Appointment of the managers and other senior executives
- Supervising the performance of the executives
- Developing the goals of the bank
- Evolving the strategies to meet the goals
- Deciding on the various investment decisions
- Ensuring the bank operations comply with the legal requirements
- Conducting regular audits of the banking operations
- Protecting the rights and investments of the shareholders
- Resolving conflicts between board members and/or senior management executives
Bank director education, training, and qualifications
The bank director must possess a bachelor degree focused on finance, accounting, business, or a related field. In addition, procuring a Masters degree in Business Administration is important to succeed in the bank director job description. Typically, the bank director must have several years of experience of working as the top management within a bank to be appointed on the Board of Directors. The bank director must be aware of the legal and banking regulations that govern the functioning of the financial institutions.
Bank director degrees, courses, and certification
Every bank director must have completed a bachelors and a master’s degree with a focus on banking, business, accounting, finance, or a related field. An important requirement for a bank director is to have several years of work experience as a senior executive in either a bank or a similar financial institution. Ensuring that one remains aware on the various rules and regulations that govern the banking institutions and constant modifications made to the functioning of banks is important for a bank director.
Bank director skills and specifications
- In-depth knowledge of the banking sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making capabilities
- Ability to develop policies and strategies
Bank director salary
The annual salary paid to the bank director ranges from $82,325 to $156,336 per annum. The average yearly income earned by individuals in this position is $114,384.
See Bank director sample job description, free job description template, free Bank director job descriptions, other samples or templates.