Business relationship manager job description and profile
The most important business relationship manager job description is to maintain relationships with existing and new clients. These individuals ensure that the clients are provided superior services to ensure that they are satisfied. In addition, the business relationship managers act as liaison between the company and the information technology department. Moreover, the relationship managers understand the needs of the clients to understand their requirements. These needs are provided to the operations team who provide appropriate solutions to the customers to meet their specific requirements. Developing and designing new methods to service the clients is an important part of the business relationship manager’s profile.
Business relationship manager duties and responsibilities
- Identifying and recommending opportunities to maximize customer satisfaction
- Continuously planning new processes
- Coordinating with the customers and the operations departments
- Prepares reports on the various aspects of business relationships
- Negotiation the service level agreements
- Analyzing and advising on new business opportunities
- Keeping track of the modifications and developments within the industry
Business relationship manager education, training, and qualifications
The business relationship manager job description requires individuals to complete a college degree. In addition, a Masters in Business Administration provides an additional advantage to individuals who aspire to become business relationship managers. Possessing relevant work experience in sales and/or marketing is an added advantage over other potential candidates. Internship programs or part-time work experience in customer servicing are recommended for this position. Training that benefits individuals to improve their communication capabilities are advisable.
Business relationship manager degrees, courses, and certification
The minimum degree that business relationship managers must possess is a college degree in a related field. Although, a MBA is not mandatory, procuring this additional degree will provide extra benefits for your success in this position. Courses that impart training in servicing clients, negotiation skills, and communication abilities are recommended to increase the chance of finding a better job opportunity as a business relationship manager. Being certified as a customer service agent will provide a significant edge over other candidates.
Business relationship manager skills and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation capabilities
- Ability to understand client requirements
- Preparing the specifications for ensuring the operations personnel can design processes for client satisfaction
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must meet the deadlines
Business relationship manager salary
The annual income earned by business relationship managers ranges from a low of $55,611 to a high of $105,333. The national average annual salary is reported as $70,541.
See Business relationship manager sample job description, free job description template, free Business relationship manager job descriptions, other samples or templates.