Construction coordinator Job Description and Profile
The job of a construction coordinator is to coordinator various functions of the construction project so as to ensure that the work goes on as per time and budget schedules. He undertakes supervisory functions. He has to coordinate construction workers, construction materials and other aspects that contribute to the fulfillment of a project. A construction coordinator has to spend a lot of time on the construction site and keep track of all important things. He reports to the construction project manager.
Construction coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and utilize the work force optimally by distributing responsibilities to construction workers
- Keeping track of the materials used in construction and ensuring that materials arrive on time
- Ensuring that the construction goes on as per schedule
- Monitor functioning of the employees and ensuring that they are working well
- Assisting the engineering department on and off the construction site
- Ensuring the safety of construction procedures and equipments
- Enforcing carious kinds of safety precautions in the field
- Maintaining logs that record all employee details such as attendees, wages and working hours
- Taking responsibility of recruiting, firing and training employees
- Training new construction workers in construction procedures and safety measures
Construction coordinator Education, Training and Qualifications
A construction coordinator needs to have knowledge about construction procedures. Basic degree in any subject related to construction is needed for the job. In addition, the person should have skills such as good management and leadership.
Construction coordinator Degrees, Courses & Certification
Diploma in construction engineering is one of the preferred degrees. A vocational course in construction coupled with good skills and experience is also a desirable combination. The applicant should be skilled in TRM process, pass NVQ level 4 in administration and management and be skilled in estimations. The coordinator has to be trained in handling workers in the construction industry. There are no specific certification programs for the job.
Construction coordinator Skills and Specifications
- Strong knowledge about various aspects of construction
- Strong knowledge about accounting
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge about various construction safety measures
- Strong knowledge about
- Excellent leadership and management abilities
- Should be a good motivator
- Should have excellent presence of mind to solve unexpected problems
- Ability to maintain good relations with the labor force
Construction coordinators Salary/Wage
The salary of a construction accountant ranges between $30,000 and $55,000 per annum.
See Construction coordinator sample job description, free job description template, free Construction coordinator job descriptions, other samples or templates.