Construction Safety Officer Job Description And Profile
Construction safety officers either work on a construction site or in an office. Within the office, the construction safety officer sets and reviews the health and safety guidelines in order to minimize the risk of injuries and accidents. To conduct safety audits, these professional can also travel to the construction site. This may include the checking of appropriate safety gear or clothing. This also enforces the display of safety signage. A construction safety officer has all the responsibilities related to starting and the completion of the project with all types of safety measures. A construction safety officer is really a very valuable employee for a construction company.
Construction Safety Officer Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Researching a construction site
- Reviews blueprints, lighting and ventilation
- Analyze the material that is to be used on the construction site, so that they can design proper signage and disposal methods
- Maps out emergency evacuation plans, including the locations for the extinguishers and first-aid kits
- Consults building codes, govt. Regulations and other emergency response agencies.
- Participates in the conceptual development of the construction project
- Scheduling and implementation of the project
- Investigates the construction with the safety measures
Construction Safety Officer Job Education, Training And Qualifications
A construction safety officer should possess a 4 year degree from an accredited post secondary institution within occupational safety, construction engineering, occupational health or a related field of study. Training is available in this field and is very beneficial from salary point of view.
Construction Safety Officer Job Degrees, Courses And Certifications
A 4-year bachelor’s degree in occupational study, construction engineering, occupational health or related field of study is the minimal educational qualification for this job. Students if interested can take courses that provide training and instruction on occupational safety and health administration (OSHA) regulations and environmental laws. Topics may include fire prevention methods, risk management techniques and construction safety guidelines. The board of certified safety professionals (BCSP) is one of the various organizations that certify safety professionals. Certification though not required in this field but can help someone to get employed. Once someone passes the exam is known as certified safety professionals (CSP).
Construction Safety Officer Job Skills And Specifications
- Good interpretation and explaining skills
- Leadership quality
- Must be a effective team worker, with an ability to lead
- Explaining by nature
- Ability to analyze and resolve the problems
- Must be able to work without supervision
- Interactive with co-workers, juniors and seniors
Construction Safety Officer Job Salary
In 2009, salary.com reported that a construction safety officer earns an average salary of about $87,674 per annum.
See Construction Safety Officer sample job description, free job description template, free Construction Safety Officer job descriptions, other samples or templates.
- Construction Safety Manager Job Description
- Construction Coordinator Job Description
- Construction Job Description
- Construction Project Executive Job Description
- Construction Project Engineer Job Description
- Construction Accountant Job Description
- Administration officer job description
- Chief Administrative Officer Job Description
- Chief Administration Officer Job Description
- Building Manager Job Description