Legal Assistant Job Description And Profile
Legal assistant job description involves the description of any legal job. If you are looking out for a legal environment as your passion and wanted to make a career in this field, then there is availability of number of jobs in the law sector. Whether you want to a supporter or the main player in this legal system, it’s totally your choice. Law is really a huge field. This sector requires employees at different levels to do different kind of works.
Legal Assistant Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepares and examines contracts involving licenses, leasing, insurance, sales, purchases, etc
- Provides legal advice to an organization
- Prepares resolutions and forms
- Participates in major legal actions
- Responsible for foreseeing and protecting company against legal risks
- Coordinates and supervises subordinate legal personnel’s activities
Legal Assistant Job Education, Training And Qualifications
At least one should have a bachelor’s degree in law to apply for the jobs in this sector. With a post graduation degree in the same field increases the chances for the applicant to be selected for a higher post. Training is provided to the applicant to make them trained for the real life competition against the other firms. Most of the jobs in the legal sector requires at least of 2-3 years of experience in the related field.
Legal Assistant Job Degrees, Courses And Certifications
The minimal educational qualification is the bachelor’s degree in law from an accredited institute. A number of accredited institutes offer different courses for different kind of jobs available in this sector. As such no certification is required for the lower posts. But if you are applying for a higher level job then the firm may ask for a certification, it totally depends on the firm for which you are applying.
Legal Assistant Job Skills And Specifications
- Knowledge of lawsuit related to corporate levels
- Ability to operate well with corporative professionals
- Energetic individual, commitment to outstanding performance
- Ability to work with and without supervision
- Effective analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, preferably speaking skills
- Ability to influence people
- Ability to work with a high level of precision
Legal Assistant Job Salary
Because of the number of legal services jobs, there is a large variety in the salary ranges of different jobs. You can have a number of jobs with salary ranges from $30,000 even past $100,000 depending upon the job you are looking for and in which firm. Salary for a typical attorney ranges from $63,000 to $118,000, with the median salary being $89,000.
See Legal Assistant sample job description, free job description template, free Legal Assistant job descriptions, other samples or templates.