Manufacturing Job Description and Profile:
The person ideally suited for this role would be someone who has a broad understanding of the manufacturing process and would be expected to take on the general responsibility of improving the overall efficiency of the manufacturing plant. This person must be completely involved in the functioning of various aspects of the plant, like engineering, production, marketing strategies and other commercial activities. The middle managers report into this position and hence this position would require a person with leadership abilities and negotiation skills. This position also involves close co-operation with the top management and strategy formulation as well as implementation.
Manufacturing Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for complete supervision of operations
- Formulate and implement manufacturing strategies for accomplishment of company goals
- Plan, organize and regulate production and operations to maximize ROI
- Recruit, train, manage and continuously motivate middle managers and other employees, ensuring optimum use of manpower resources
- Effectively assess performance of manpower reporting into this position, clearly convey organizational and individual goals and help them work towards attaining those goals.
- Grievance redressal
- Ensure adherence to manufacturing processes and quality compliance at every stage
- Regularly revisit plans, goals and processes to ensure that the production is up to date and in line with market growth and business strategies.
Manufacturing Education, Training and Qualifications:
This job requires an Engineering degree in any manufacturing related discipline, such as Mechanics, Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering. A Masters degree in Business Management or Operations Management is highly recommended. The applicant must have a minimum of 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment of which at least the last 3 – 4 years should have been in a managerial capacity. Knowledge and experience in quality certifications, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies would be an added advantage.
Manufacturing Degrees, Courses & Certification:
A four year engineering degree in a manufacturing related discipline is a basic requirement for this job. A two year Masters degree in Business Management or any other discipline would be an additional advantage. Any additional certifications related to manufacturing quality control certifications, Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing and management techniques or soft skills like communication skills, negotiation skills or interviewing skills is recommended.
Manufacturing Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer savvy and mechanical bend of mind, good knowledge of equipments
- Leadership skills and negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to think on one’s feet and come up with quick solutions
- Team worker
- Consistently quality conscious
- Ability to work with deadlines
Salary ranges would be anything between $98,672 and $159, 033, with the annual median being $123,667.
See Manufacturing sample job description, free job description template, free Manufacturing job descriptions, other samples or templates.