Medical call center Job Description and Profile
The job of a medical call center employee is to receive and answer calls from people requiring medical services or clarifications regarding a medical entity. Medical call center can be of two types – inbound and outbound. While inbound medical call centers take calls, outbound ones make calls to people in order to sell ad advertise their products or to conduct surveys. In either case, the call center employee has to be well versed with medical information and must have to ability to convey the information in a clear manner.
Medical call center Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive calls from people requiring medical care and provide the information needed
- Be well versed with all kinds of information that the call center deals with
- Understand the requirements of the callers and provide precise information
- Take notes and convey information to respective hospitals or medical care providers
- May have to deal with various aspects of medical insurance
- Transferring calls to the respective place as per caller’s requirements
- Learning urgent call management techniques
- Providing physician or hospital referrals
- Provide excellent customer service
- May have to work night shifts
Medical call center Education, Training and Qualifications
A medical call center representative or employee has to have basic knowledge about the medical aspect the he deals with. Most of the call centers require excellent communication skills in their employees and training is provided after recruitment. Bachelor’s degree is required for the job. For higher posts such as team leaders or assistance manager, experience of work coupled with MBA degree can be very useful.
Medical call center Degrees, Courses & Certification
Any graduate can apply for the job of a medical call center. People who have done vocational courses in medical science are preferred. The major requirement is good customer service and excellent communication skills. Strong knowledge of the local language might be necessary if the call center is located in a foreign location.
Medical call center Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer care ethics
- Ability to understand the requirements of the caller
- Ability to work odd hours
- Strong knowledge about the matters that the call enter deals with
- Strong knowledge of more than one language is an advantage
Medical call centers Salary/Wage
The salary of a medical call center representative ranges between $30,000 and $45,000 per annum with the national average being $35,000.
See Medical call center sample job description, free job description template, free Medical call center job descriptions, other samples or templates.