Office Job Description and Profile:
This position, from a career perspective, is one that differs from day to day and entails great responsibility, since this position reports into the top management. The person in this position must ensure that all the functions in an office are being coordinated and that office needs are being fulfilled. This would also include hiring and training office staff, alerting management to potential issues, being the main resource for administrative and secretarial support, being in charge of purchase and supply of office stationery, ensuring efficient upkeep of office premises and maintenance all office records. Formulating policies and procedures for the functioning of the facility is also part of this role.
Office Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, manage and train office staff
- Allocate job responsibilities to various office staff on a regular basis
- Keep channels with the management open to regularly update them about issues
- Responsible for the proper functioning of the secretarial and administrative departments
- Purchase and distribution of all office supplies and stationeries
- In charge of the maintenance of the office premises
- Formulate policies and procedures regarding office functions
- Adhere to quality and company goals
- Plan budget and strive to make the functions more efficient and cost effective
Office Education, Training and Qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree in business administration or office management would be a prerequisite. A Masters degree in related field would be desirable. Quality control certifications like Six Sigma would be very useful. Computer skills and proficiency in writing up reports would be an added advantage.
Office Degrees, Courses & Certification:
A four year bachelor’s degree course in business administration or office management from a reputed university is what the role demands. A two year Masters degree in business management or any related discipline will be a plus. Any additional training in office management, record keeping, filing, report writing, quality control training like Six Sigma will be useful for this position.
Office Skills and Specifications:
- Very good communication skills
- A team worker, a good manager
- Efficient, organized, pragmatic
- Good networking skills, maintain good relations with all departments
- Proficient in the use of software tools
The salary for this position ranges from $59,000 to $80,800 with a median range of $69,000.
See Office sample job description, free job description template, free Office job descriptions, other samples or templates.