Project Management Job Description And Profile
The job in the project management field includes the various activities and the project management of the logs and accounts of an industry or organization. One can make a successful career in this field based on his interest. For the successful performance in this field a list of analytical and managerial are needed. Be it any industry a manager plays a successful role. The main tasks of manager include planning, directing and co-ordination of the various operations in an organization, department or any operating unit. He does the planning and maintenance of systems and various other things in the company. The manager is responsible for managing the staff for optimal performance.
Project Management Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Determination of the staff requirements
- Hiring and training of new staff
- Supervision and direct reporting of the staff
- Setting various goals and objectives for employees
- Development of the staff to maximize their potential
- Monitoring staff performance
- Delegating the work duties to the staff
- Allocating and optimal use of available resources
- Evaluation of the current business processes
- Maximizing operating efficiency
- Establishing and maintaining the controls
- Formulating department/unit policies
- Coordinating financial activities
- Reviewing performance data
- Organizing and managing business meetings
Project Management Job Education, Training And Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in commerce or project management field is required. Many position demand for bachelor’s degree in the area of finance, project management, accounting and administration. For the higher posts a master’s degree in the field of project management is recommended.
Project Management Job Degrees, Courses And Certifications
The four year bachelor’s degree from a reputed institution is required for any post in this field. Many courses for a career in the field of project management are available under several universities and institutions. Certifications in field of finance and accounting are a plus point. Many other online courses are available. Many other certifications are available in the field of project management, finance and various other others.
Project Management Job Skills And Specifications
- Effective communication skills
- Writing skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Motivational skills
- Problem analysis skills
- Problem solving skills
- Provide troubleshooting solutions
- Creativity skills
- Innovative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team worker
- Good team leading skills
- Work without supervision
- Precision skills
Project Management Job Salary
The salary in this field varies widely depending upon the post applied for and the experience of the applicant. Salary of the various posts ranges between $49,000 and $89,000, with median salary being $54,000 per annum.
See Project Management sample job description, free job description template, free Project Management job descriptions, other samples or templates.