Senior Accounting & Finance Job Description And Profile
The job of a senior accounting & finance is to supervise and manage various financial transactions in the company and ensure that every transaction is recorded precisely. He supervises accountants in the department and assigns them responsibilities. He also takes part in project planning activities of the company and provides useful financial inputs. Senior accounting & finance job includes several administrative and management duties as well. Decision makers and administrators of the company consult senior accounting & finances while taking decisions regarding future investments and project planning.
Senior Accounting & Finance Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparing annual financial statements
- Conducting annual audits of the company
- Testing and evaluating that all the account books such as journals and ledgers are well maintained and updated accurately
- Tackle check deposits
- Analyze the financial status of the company and identify issues that affect incomes and expenditures
- Participate in company meetings on behalf of the financial department
- Participate in preparation of budgets
- Allot work and set schedules of accountants in the department
- Study and prepare tax statements and filing
- Manage financial aspects such as incomes and expenditure on company assets and liabilities
- Prepare monthly financial reports to present to the management
- Ensure that there is no discrepancy in income-expense balancing
- May have to train junior accountants in the company
- Handle issues such as grants, sanctions and donations
- Assist finance manager in various duties
Senior Accounting & Finance Job Education, Training And Qualifications
A senior accounting & finance job requires a senior accounting & finance to have at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance. He should have at least five years of experience as an accounting supervisor. Training under a senior accounting & finance is essential after graduation.
Senior Accounting & Finance Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
Although a bachelor’s degree is necessary to become a senior accounting & finance, a master’s degree is very much preferred. Certification through certification examinations conducted for accountants is useful, although not mandatory.
Senior Accounting & Finance Job Skills And Specifications
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Good communication and writing skills
- Excellent precision in work
- Good decision making skill
- Excellent analysis skills
- Ability to handle the huge amount of responsibility regarding financial matters
- Strong knowledge about latest tax laws and regulations
- Good troubleshooting shooting
- Good management and leadership qualities
Senior Accounting & Finance Job Salary/Wage
The salary of a senior accounting & finance ranges between $55,000 and $75,000 per annum.
See Senior Accounting & Finance sample job description, free job description template, free Senior Accounting & Finance job descriptions, other samples or templates.