Warehouse Stock Clerk Job Description And Profile
Warehouse stock clerk job is to oversee the reception, arrangement, organization, packing, transport and maintaining the supplies in the warehouse. The warehouse stock clerked, who is also called warehouse stock clerk, is also responsible for maintaining accounts and other financial information of the storage facility. He reports to the warehouse manager. One of his major responsibilities is to ensure the safety of goods stored in the warehouse.
Warehouse Stock Clerk Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Receiving stocks from other storage facilities and checking the invoice for details about the goods
- Ensuring that all papers and permits are clear and according to legal stipulations
- Overseeing the unpacking of goods and checking the condition of goods
- Reporting damages to the goods, if any, so that owners can claim insurance if they have the facility
- Ensuring safe storage of goods
- Ensuring that all safety regulations are followed in the warehouse
- Ensuring that goods that are to be transported are safely packed and stacked in transport vehicles
- Assisting supervisors in preparing bills and other permits required for transportation
- Assisting in maintaining clear records of all stocks that enter or leave the warehouse
Warehouse Stock Clerk Job Education, Training And Qualifications
Warehouse stock clerk job that is a warehouse clerk should hold a high school graduation. Most of the training and education that he receives will be on the job. Experience of work in a warehouse as an assistant stocker can help a person get the job more easily.
Warehouse Stock Clerk Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
High school graduate degree is sufficient for the job of a warehouse stock clerked. However, it is advisable that the candidate take courses in computers, accounting and finance, communication and mathematics. Special skills such as meticulous working ethics and excellent organizing ability are necessary for the job.
Warehouse Stock Clerk Job Skills And Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Good leadership qualities
- Precise and meticulous way of working
- Must be physically strong in order to lift weights, which is often necessary during the job
- Ability to work long and hard hours
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge about different electronic equipments such as copiers, fax machines and telecommunication devices
- Excellent mathematical and accounting skills
- Strong and updated knowledge about safety measures in the warehouse
Warehouse Stock Clerk Job Salary/Wage
The salary of a warehouse stock clerk ranges between $16,000 and $30,000 per annum.
See Warehouse Stock Clerk sample job description, free job description template, free Warehouse Stock Clerk job descriptions, other samples or templates.